News / Believe in the magic of the holiday season with Princess Cruises
New cheery cocktails, decked out decks, culinary collection of holiday menus and favorite festive events await at sea
The magic of the holiday season is making its way to the Princess Cruises fleet to surprise and delight guests with festive experiences from new cocktails and holiday décor to special menus and favorite-themed events that are sure to deliver a memorable and joyful experience for all.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry!
Guests looking for some holiday cheer with a special cocktail have several festive options to choose from to toast to their memories of the past year, while looking towards a new one. Princess bartenders are stirring up several new drinks, including:
- Autumn Elixir: Grey Goose, St Germain, orange Juice, apple Juice and sugar syrup, garnished with pomegranate and thyme
- Charm with Pecan: Zacapa rum, Crème de cacao dark, Kahlua and cream, garnished with crushed pecan and star anise
- Pumpkin Spice Martini: Elyx vodka, Bacardi spiced rum, pumpkin puree, sugar syrup and pumpkin spice syrup, garnished with graham cracker around the rim and cinnamon powder
- The Jingle: Grey Goose White Peach and Rosemary Vodka, Kahlua, pomegranate syrup, fresh lemon juice, cranberry juice and ginger beer, garnished with cranberries and marshmallows
In addition, the new "I Love this Martini" menu, crafted in partnership with Diageo and Filthy® Premium Mixers & Garnishes, is now available across the fleet. The menu features all-time favorites, plus new twists like the Black Cherry Espresso Martini, made with Ketel One Vodka, Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur, Filthy® Black Cherry Syrup, and topped with Filthy® Black Cherries.
The new “I Love this Martini” menu, crafted in partnership with Diageo and Filthy® Premium Mixers & Garnishes, is now available across the fleet.
Princess has also announced a new partnership with The Macklowe Whiskey, the first luxury American single malt whiskey from creator Julie Macklowe and will feature the premium spirit on menus in time for holiday sailings. Using The Macklowe Kentucky Edition, Gold Bottle, delicious drinks will be shaken, stirred, poured, neat and garnished to perfection, in Gold Fashioned style.
Princess has also announced a new partnership with The Macklowe Whiskey, the first luxury American single malt whiskey from creator Julie Macklowe.
A host of gourmet dining options and traditional go-to's will be served up again this season with Princess' signature Culinary Collection of Holiday Menus, created by world-renowned Chef Rudi Sodamin leading the Princess culinary arts team. Menu items include a five-course Thanksgiving feast, the meaningful and fun foods of Hanukkah, delectable Christmas dishes from the traditions around the world, and conclude with a sparkling New Year's Gala menu.
Festive Sprinkles of Joy
From evergreens adorning the decks to sparkling Christmas trees in the Piazzas, guests are treated to a host of holiday festivities including:
- Holiday Wishes Variety Show
- Hannukah Services and Menorah Lighting
- Ugly Holiday Sweater Competition
- Lighting of the Lights Ceremony to turn on the tree lights and start the snow falling machines complete with hot chocolate, mulled wine and eggnog
- Family Gingerbread House Making Competition, judged by the Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Captain and Entertainment Director
- Holiday Family Movie Nights, featuring favorites like "Elf," "A Christmas Story" and "The Grinch"
- Holiday Caroling in the Piazza
- Santa's Arrival and Gift Giving
- Pajama Breakfast with Stanley
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Reading, where kids are encouraged to wear their PJs and enjoy hot chocolate
- Interdenominational Church Services, led by guest volunteers or onboard teammates
Countdown to 2024 … 10, 9, 8 …!
After a Gala Dinner in the main dining rooms, guests sailing over New Year's will ring in 2024 with a festive countdown party in the Piazza, complete with a Champagne toast! A posh "Dom Perignon Lounge" vibe takes over the Wheelhouse Bar for revelers looking to sing, dance and enjoy a chic celebration.
Holiday cruises are still available, starting as low as $548 per person:
- December 1: 15-Day Southeast Asia & Japan (Tokyo to Singapore) on Diamond Princess
- December 4: 15-Day Hawaiian Islands on Discovery Princess
- December 10: 7-Day Western Caribbean with Mexico on Regal Princess
- December 10: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean with Puerto Rico on Caribbean Princess
- December 17: 10-Day Eastern Caribbean with Tortola Holiday on Caribbean Princess
- December 20: 10-Day Panama Canal with Costa Rica & Caribbean Holiday on Ruby Princess
- December 22: 16-Day Hawaiian Islands Holiday on Crown Princess
- December 23: 7-Day Western Caribbean with Mexico Holiday on Sky Princess
Cruisers wishing to book a holiday voyage are encouraged to contact a professional travel advisor, call 1-800-Princess (1-800-774-6237) or visit princess.com.